This week I’m talking to my dear friend Laura Kali. Laura grew up in a small town in New Zealand and moved abroad to London just over a year ago. In this episode, Laura busts the “snowflake” myth and explains why our generation is simply not willing to put Band-Aids on problems anymore. We talk about adult friendship and why there is a need to redefine “selfish” when reclaiming our self-worth.
In this episode, Laura and I talk about:
- busting the snowflake myth
- adult friendship — why its hard, and how moving abroad transformed our approach to making friends
- the importance of building community
- redefining selfishness & reclaiming our self-worth
- the Christchurch mosque shootings & NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s response