Today I’m talking with Ana Maria Conneely, a 32-year-old yoga teacher and massage therapist based in London. We talk about the importance of understanding the mind-body connection from a holistic perspective, and how tuning out our emotions can have a physical impact.
On this episode, we discuss:
- the mind-body connection
- honoring your body & your needs
- how hardening ourselves to life can manifest as physical pain
- life after reaching 30 — and the pressure to have it “all figured out” by then
- the importance of TOUCH
- how we can “slow down” while still getting things done
- how seeking constant transformation can become a distraction
- the plastic issue!
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.